Pacific Light Technologies is a world leader in light-emitting nano materials, focused on introducing high-efficiency quantum dots (QDs) as a superior alternative to phosphors in solid-state lighting and displays. PLT’s products provide higher color and lighting quality, eliminate the need for rare-earth-based materials, and reduce energy consumption in both residential and commercial applications.
PLT has a strong contingent of experienced startup executives who have led other organizations to 2 IPOs, 4 acquisitions, and over 100 product launches while establishing enterprises with dominant market share. PLT is working closely with top-tier solid state lighting and display companies.
Entry Level Operations Engineer
The role of operations engineer at PLT covers a wide variety of tasks. The primary focus of this new hire will be to assist in bringing up a manufacturing line at PLT’s Portland facility. The initial focus of the job will be on quality systems implementation, including, but not limited to, developing an inventory management system for both manufacturing and R&D. Depending on the candidate, the job may broaden to include process improvements in support of manufacturing production.
Responsibilities in detail:
- SPC/analysis for in-process specification range determination
- Implementation of 5S in both manufacturing and R&D areas
- Inventory tracking (raw materials and products)
- Shipping/receiving/ordering/stocking for both manufacturing and R&D
- Equipment maintenance and calibration
- SOP/PFD generation as well as other documentation
- Developing/maintaining realistic/effective production schedules
- Coordination of waste management
Skills and Experience:
- Highly motivated, self-directed and goal-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate good knowledge of laboratory and chemical safety
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work in a team environment to brainstorm ideas for efficiency improvements, process optimizations, automation, cost reductions, etc
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience handling, storing, and disposing of hazardous and flammable substances
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software (i.e. JMP, Minitab, etc.)
We seek highly qualified individuals holding a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
This is an entry level position; recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Hours and Compensation
- This is a full-time position
- Compensation is variable based on experience
- Relocation expenses are not available for this position